Home > China Visa > Embassies

Chinese Embassies

Ask Question

Presently, there are 157 Chinese Embassies and over 60 consulates all over the world.

 Major Chinese embassies and consulates in foreign countries

 Chinese embassies and consulates in other countries and regions (listed in the alphabetical order)

 Chinese Embassy and Visa Application

General foreign visitors have to apply a Chinese visa before entering China (travelers to Hong Kong or Macau are required to apply for a Hong Kong Visa or a Macau Visa). You can go the Chinese Embassy in your country or the nearest Consulate General for visa application. An appointment is usually not needed, but you may need to fill in the application form beforehand, which you can download from the official website of theEmbassy in your country or you can get one in the embassy office (we suggest you to fill in it in advance, because the form is usually complicated).

Before you go to the Embassy or Consulate General, remember to check the office hours, for some of the visa office only work in the morning, and some have short working hours in the afternoon. The consulate offices also do not work during the local festivals and some Chinese festivals, such as the Spring Festival, the Dragon Boat Festival, the Labor Day and the Chinese National Day. 

 Basic documents for visa application
1. The completely filled out application form;
2. Your recently taken 2X2 inches photo showing the entire face and without a hat on. Please affix the photo to the application form;
3. Your original passport with at least 2 blank pages and valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of application. 

 Under the following circumstances visa is not demanded
1. Visitors holding a passport of countries that reach the protocol of Mutual Visa Exemption between China and Foreign Countries. But note that their stay should not exceed 30 days.
2. Visitors holding a common passport of Singapore, Brunei or Japan going for travel, business, visiting family and relatives or transit for no more than 15 days, excluding those holding a diplomatic passport or a service passport, or aiming to study, work, reside or interview.
3. Tourists holding a common passport of countries that have established diplomatic relationship with China, packaged by Hong Kong or Macau's legal travel companies, travel to the Pearl River Delta area in Guangdong Province from Hong Kong or Macau, and stay there for no more than 6 days. The delta areas include Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing, Huizhou and Shantou.
4. Travelers holding an air ticket for more than one destination and having booked the further seat on an international flight, transit from China and stay within the airport for no more than 24 hours.
5. Citizens of the following countries transit in Shanghai for no more than 48 hours: South Korea, America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Estonia, Poland, Chech, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Hungary. Visitors of the above countries are allowed to go out of the airport, but have to enter and exit Shanghai through the Pudong or Hongqiao airports.
6. Citizens holding a common passport of the following countries, travel in Hainan Province for no more than 15 days under the group of a legal international travel agency there: Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Philippines, Indonesia, Germany, British, France, Austria, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Holland, America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
7. Citizens in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan with valid certificates. 

Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassies
Ask a Question about Chinese Embassies
Back Go Top