Home > China Visa > Embassies > Canada

China Embassy in Canada

Ask Question

 Embassy of the People's Republic of China in CanadaChinese Embassy in Canada

Ambassador: Mr. Zhang Junsai
Address: 515 St. Patrick Street, Ottawa, Ont. K1N 5H3
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 8935 New Terminal, AltaVista, Ottawa, Canada
Tel: +1-613-7893434, 7910511
Fax: +1-613-7891911, 7891414
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Districts: New Brunswick, North-West Territory, Nova Scotia, Nunavut Territory, Ottawa, Prince Edward Island, Quebec

 Chinese Consulates in Canada

Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Vancouver  

Consular Districts: British Colombia, Yukon Territory

Consul General: Mr. Liang Shugen
Address: 3380 Granville Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6H 3K3
Tel: +1-604-7347492
       +1-604-7782380003 (emergency call)
Fax: +1-604-7364343
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

 Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto

Consular Districts: Manitoba, Ontario

Consul General: Mr. Chen Ligang
Address: 240, St. George Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2N5, Canada
Tel: +1-416-9647260
Fax: +1-416-3246468
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 13:30-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

 Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Calgary

Consular Districts: Alberta, Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan

Consul General: Mr. Liu Yongfeng
Address: 1011 6th Avenue, S.W. Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P OW1
Tel: +1-403-2643397, 2643417, 2643448
Fax: +1-403-5371286
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Monday-Friday

 Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Canada

Vancouver Address:  250-999 West Broadway, Vancouver,BC,V5Z 1K5
Tel: 604-336-8866 
Fax: 604-738-1100
Business Hours: (Monday to Friday)
Application Submission: 09:00 - 15:00
Payment and Passport Collection: 09:00 - 16:00

Toronto Address:  Suite 1501, University Center, 393 University Avenue, Toronto
Tel: 416-345-8472
Fax: 416-345-8473
Business Hours: (Monday to Friday)
Application Submission: 09:00 - 15:00 (urgent application must be submitted before 11:30)
Payment and Passport Collection: 09:00 - 16:00

Ottawa Address: 220 Laurier Avenue West, Suite 1450, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5Z9
Tel: 001-613-563-8472
Fax: 001-613-563-8473
Business Hours: (Monday to Friday, except Chinese and Canadian public holidays)
Application Submission: 09:00 - 15:00
Payment and Passport Collection: 09:00 - 16:00 

Calgary Address: Suite 200,855-8th Avenue,SW Calgary
Tel: 403-930-2288
Fax: 403-699-9776
Business Hours: (Monday to Friday)
Application Submission: 09:00 -15:00
Payment and Passport Collection: 09:00 - 16:00

Selected Questions and Answers 

 Asked by Kristian
Can I send all the documents for visa directly to the Chinese embassy in Canada using DHL etc?
Hello, I am planning leave for China to work. My question is whether I can send it directly to the embassy with all the documents using DHL etc. I live in Winnipeg and trust this is fine. 
 Answered by Lily
Hello, Kristian. You can't send visa application directly to Chinese embassy in Canada.
First, you should apply for China visa according to consular jurisdiction. Winnipeg is the capital of Manitoba Province. The consular districts of China Consulate General in Toronto are Manitoba and Ontario. So you should apply for Chinese visa in China Consulate General in Toronto.
Second, the China Consulate General in Toronto doesn't accept application by mailing/express delivery. So you can submit application in person or entrust someone else to submit it.
However, you can send all the documents to the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Toronto to apply the Chinese visa.

 Asked by Lambert
Should I apply for two visas if I go to China separately in Feb and Apr?
I will visit my daughter in Beijing for two weeks. I will go again in China for 30 days in the next month. Do I need two different visas? Can I have only one visa for both trips?
 Answered by Lilian
Hi, Lambert, it is subject to whether you can succesfully get a Chinese Double Entries visa. You'd better apply for the Double-Entry Visa with 6 Months Validity, and then you can use one visa for both trips. Otherwise, you need two different visas to enter China.

Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Canada
  • Dear Madam, dear Sir
    I'm working on a database on cultural relations between China and the West for the University of Zurich, at the moment on China and Canada.
    I'm searching the dates of the establishment of the consulates in :
    Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal
    Thank you very much Anne-Marie Werner

    Asked By Anne-Marie Werner (Zurich, Switzerland) | Sep. 16, 2018 01:14
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • If I can apply for a visa on my own (ie not pay someone to do it) .... Please confirm this can be done by mail and advise where I can mail my application to?? Very confusing information everywhere!!

    Asked By Lisa (Canada) | Dec. 22, 2014 21:11
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • I have Celiac disease (no gluten) and concerned that I will have trouble eating during my month traveling in China. Is there a list of restricted/prohibited food items that I should avoid packing?

    Asked By Katie (Canada) | Sep. 18, 2014 20:47
    0 AnswerAnswer Question
  • we are going for a 17 days asian cruise this fall our departing port is in beijing and another port we are going through is in shanghai ,will it be a single entry or double entry visa ?we are staying more than 72 hrs in beijing pre cruising.
    Is it possible that my friend in Vancouver be able to file our visa application?

    by amy from winnipeg

    Asked By amy capulong (canada) | Sep. 04, 2014 20:51
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • Hi,
    they are all Canadian citizens and born in Canada. I was born in China and I became permanent resident recently (I didn't think this is going to an issue stopping my son from getting his visa). We sent all their applications to "Chinese visa application services center in Toronto), I was told my 5 year old daughter who previously had Chinese visa before is not going to have any issue getting her visa again. But our son (3 year old, never had Chinese visa before). his application is going to be returned, because he was born before I became permanent resident ? I don't understand. Why my daughter gets her visa, but not my son? and they are Canadian Citizens! According to them, my son needs travel documents? We would have to go to Toronto in person, 3 of us! my husband, my son and me??? we live in WINNIPEG!!!!! Really?

    Please help!

    Asked By Eva | Aug. 14, 2014 17:32
    2 AnswersAnswer Question
Ask a Question about China Embassy in Canada
Back Go Top