Home > China Visa > Embassies > Australia

China Embassy in Australia

Ask Question

 Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Australia

Ambassador: Mr. Chen Yumin
Address: 15 Coronation Drive, Yarralumla, Canberra, ACT2600
Tel: +61-2-62734780
Fax: +61-2-62734878, 62735189

Consular Districts: Australian Capital Territory (Canberra District), North Territory, South Australia

 Chinese Consulates in Australia

Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Sydney

Consular District: New South Wales
Consul General: Mr. Hu Shan
Address: 39 Dunblane Street, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Tel: +61-2-85958000 (automatic)
       +61-2-85958002 (manual, 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00)
Fax: +61-2-85958021
Office Hours: 08:30-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

 Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Melbourne

Consular District: Victoria, Tasmania

Consul General: Mr. Shi Weiqiang
Address: 75-77 Irving Road, Toorak, Melbourne, Victoria 3142
Tel: +61-3-98246450
Fax: +61-3-98220320
Office Hours: 08:30-12:30, 14:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

 Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Brisbane

Consular District: Queensland

Consul General: Mr. Ren Gongping
Address: Level 9, 79 Adelaide St., Brisbane QLD 4000
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 12126, George Street Brisbane QLD 4003
Tel: +61-7-32106509 Fax: +61-7-32106517

 Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Berth

Consular District: Western Australia

Consul General: Ms. Wang Yin'er
Address: 45 Brown Street, East Perth, W.A .6004, Australia
Tel: +61-8-92220300
Fax: +61-8-92216144

Consular and Overseas Chinese Office
Tel: +61-8-92220300, 92220321, 92220302
Fax: +61-8-92216144

 Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Australia 
Sydney Address: Level 5, 299 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Tel: +61-2-94758800
Fax: +61-2-92612088
PO Box: P.O. Box 20516 World Square NSW 2002 

Melbourne Address: PART Ground Floor, 570 ST Kilda Rd., Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Tel: +61-3-9937-2308
Fax: +61-3-9937-2338
PO Box: P.O. Box 7227, ST Kilda Rd., Melbourne, VIC 8004 

Brisbane Address: PART level 4, 140 Ann Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia
Tel: +61-7-3031-6300
Fax: +61-7-3221-9388
PO Box: P.O. Box 12545 George Street, QLD 4003

Selected Questions and Answers
 Asked by John Gardner
What is the documentation required for an Australian to marry a Chinese lady?
I am Australian male preparing to marry Chinese lady in China. I have been advised that I need to submit to Chinese registrar a singles certificate. I am applying in South Australia my home state for proof document that I am no longer married and am presently single person. Can you please confirm that this is all documentation I require to take with me to China?
Thank you, John Gardner. 
 Answered by Lily:
Hi John, you should also take your valid passport with you.
Australian citizens can obtain a 'No Record of Marriage (Single Status) Certificate. In cases you are not able to get that certificate, you can obtain a form called a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - in essence it is a structured affidavit or 'statutory declaration'.

 Asked by David Curtain
Multi-entry visa application
Hi I am an Australian that has been living between HK and China for some time.
My father recently came to visit as I have 2 brothers that live in Shenzhen China whom have just had newborns and he had obtained a 12 month multi entry visa from the Chinese Embassy in Australia, can I fly to Brisbane and also obtain this visa if so how long does it take and what documents do I need to bring with me? I have family living in china and I understand I need a return air ticket pls reply asap thanks David Curtain
 Answered by Terry:
Hi David, you can apply the visa through the China Visa Application Service Center in Brisbane. It usually takes four working days to process the visa, but there are also express or rush service.
The documents you need to submit are:
1. Original passport with at least two blank visa pages and a photocopy of the personal information page of your passport;
2. One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken passport photo affixed on it;
3. You should submit a letter of invitation and a copy of your brother’s ID.
4. You also need to provide copies of recent Chinese visa with entry record. In case they are not on the current passport, copies of the previous passport with the above data are required.
5. Copies of your other IDs, such as previous passport, driver license, etc.

Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Australia
  • Asked By frank payne (australis) | Mar. 05, 2016 01:35
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • as i got divores papers here in Australia . And i am going over to China next mouth to see a Chinese lady i have been talking to for a long time now. And i am thinking to ask here to marry me soon as possible . thank you very much.
    Micheal Andrew satterley. hope to here back for you soon.

    Asked By Micheal satterley (Australia) | Jul. 23, 2015 09:27
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • Hi ~ I am being sponsored by a College here in Qingdao, China. They have given me Work Permit & Invitation Letter which with my passport was sent to my sister in Sydney, as the College assured me this is ok, as they have done this before with UK teachers etc.
    My sister spent 3 hrs in the China Consular, at the end my application was refused, apparently one document is missing (and not sure exactly what?) but, more importantly she was told that I should apply in person!
    I have read the official website, and it clearly states that a 3rd person, be it family or visa Co. can act on your behalf.I have tried on many occassions to call the consulate, but always busy & cant get thru.
    I am confused and getting quite stressed about all this, and getting conflicting info. does not help..
    Can anyone please clarify the situation for me? And, also time is running out and becoming quite urgent!
    Many Thanks Ben

    Asked By Ben. Viscione (China) | May. 04, 2015 06:30
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • I, my mother and daughter (all Australian citizens) are going on holiday in the Philippines and China in November.....My brother (with his family) works in China for years now and we would like to visit them. Is it possible to apply a tourist visa in the Philippines instead of Australia? My sister and her husband living in the Philippines are travelling with us to China as well so we can all apply the chinese tourist visas all at one time in the Philippines....if it is possible what are relevant papers/documents do we need to submit at the embassy and what's the lead time for processing the visa? Much appreciated if you can reply... Thanking you

    Asked By Ma Murnane (Australia) | Aug. 20, 2014 20:19
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • hi,Im going to china to marry my chinese girlfriend.can I get it notarized at the chinese embassy in shanghai?I was also told I can get it notarized in Australia by a j.p.is that true?

    Asked By daryl grundy (Australia) | Sep. 28, 2013 21:08
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
Ask a Question about China Embassy in Australia
Back Go Top