Home > China Visa > Types > L Visa

China L Visa (Tourist Visa)

Ask Question

 Required Documents

1. Your valid and actual passport with blank visa pages and at least 6-month period of validity (counting from the day you submit the application);

2. Fill in the Application Form, attached with 2-inch passport photo (black & white or colored are all accepted);

3. If you were born in China and then join the foreign nationality, for the first time you apply for the visa, the original Chinese passport (original or the copy) should be required.

If you apply for multiple-entry L visa, the written explanation for your multiple visits should be provided. The foreign Chinese people may apply multiple-entry visa available for two years.

Note: Please fill in the application form faithfully, completely and clearly, or possibly your application will be refused and accordingly make your oversea trip protracted.

 Transact Way

The applicant can handle the visa personally, or entrust other people, travel agency and visa handling agency to transact the visa he wants according to different consular jurisdiction of the embassies or consulate-general.

1. Make an appointment ahead of time is NOT needed. 

2. Application by mail is not accepted, but the postal service back to you is provided.

3. The normal processing time for handle the visa generally is 4 working days. If you need urgent service, 30 US dollars will be added as the additional fee for 1 working day processing while 20 US dollars for 2 to 3 working days processing.

 Visa Expense, Validity and Duration of Stay

1. VISA, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's check, Company's Check and Cash are all accepted (based on the written stipulation), but you are suggested to pay for the visa expense by cash due to the actual experience. 

2. The charging standard of visa expense are different according to your nationality and number of entries. Generally speaking, the fee is higher if the number of entries is more. The below table is the fee for applying Chinese Visa at the Chinese Embassy in the USA.

Entry Times
For US Citizens
For Citizens of
Other Countries
Single Entry
140 US dollars
30 US dollars
Double Entry
140 US dollars
45 US dollars
Multiple Entry for 6 Months
140 US dollars
60 US dollars
Multiple Entry for 12 Months
140 US dollars
90 US dollars
Multiple Entry for 24 Months
140 US dollars

3. The period of validity of F visa (single or double entry) is 3 to 6 months; the duration of stay generally is 30 days, counting from the first day after your arrival in China. The visa issuing officials may properly extend the duration time according to the applicant's request and need.

Questions & Answers on China L Visa (Tourist Visa)
  • Asked By M R F Daryan (United Kingdom) | Apr. 21, 2013 10:45
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • Dear Sir/Madam

    I am going to study at a University in China and I have obtained a scholarship from my Australian University.
    My question is that my husband will be company with me and join with me 1 month later in China due to his study commitment.
    Can we apply the visa together and when he has to use his Chinese Visa/visa validity?

    Kind Regard
    Ju Fen

    Asked By Ju Fen Denton (Australia) | Jan. 05, 2013 00:25
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • Hello,

    My husband and I are AUSTRALIAN citizens and will be doing a Princess Cruise from Australia on 8th March 2013.

    The ship will be calling into Hong Kong for 2 days. We will be still sleeping and eating on board the ship during this period but will go by tender to the city for sightseeing.

    We will also be calling into Shanghai for 1 day, so same eating and sleeping arrangements as Hong Kong. Whilst docked in Shanghai we will participate in a shore tour which will take approximately 3.75 hours.

    We will then be calling into Dalian for half a day where we will participate in a shore tour which will take approximately 3.5 hrs.

    The ship will then continue to Tianjin where we will disembark on the morning of 1st April 2013 where a coach will take us directly to Beijing.

    We will then get a taxi to the Beijing International airport because our flight for Singapore/Adelaide will depart at 4.45pm on the same day (1st April). We will be in Beijing less than 12 hours.

    We will not be staying in any accommodation what so ever whilst in China.

    Can you please advise:

    1. Will we need a VISA for the above places.

    2. Can you please advise the type of visa.

    3. Can you please advise the cost of the visa.

    4. Do we need to get the visa BEFORE leaving Australia or can it be done on board the ship.


    Asked By Lorraine (South Australia) | Dec. 15, 2012 23:02
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • Asked By Miffy O\'Meara (Australia) | Oct. 31, 2012 05:28
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • I invite my wife to China. I make invitation letter from my University. If I send this letter by email to Pakistan. So China embassy will accept these scan documents?

    Asked By Usman (China) | Oct. 22, 2012 01:08
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
Ask a Question about China L Visa (Tourist Visa)
Back Go Top