Home > China Visa > Types > G Visa

China G Visa (Transit Visa)

Ask Question

The crew and the passengers on airplane who transit through China by direct flying without leaving the airport and their staying time at the transit airports in China is less than 24 hours will be required no transit visa.

When transiting through China via Shanghai Pudong or Hongqiao Airport with staying in Shanghai less than 48 hours, the transit visa is not required if you are the national citizen of following countries: Japan, South Korea, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria and Greece. Remember that you valid passport, the visa to your target country, and the booked city-by-city airplane tickets, whose date and seats have already be confirmed, are high required.

The ordinary passport possessors who come from Singapore, Brunei and Japan are required non-visa for their business, travel, visit or transit, but they should leave China within 15 days since their arrival day to China.

 Required Documents

1. Your valid and actual passport with blank visa pages and at least 6-month period of validity (counting from the day you submit the application);

2. Fill in the Application Form, attached with 2-inch passport photo (black & white or colored are all accepted).

3. The valid visa of your target country and the city-by-city air tickets.

Note: Please fill in the application form faithfully, completely and clearly, or possibly your application will be refused and accordingly make your oversea trip protracted.

 Transact Way

The applicant can handle the visa personally, or entrust other people, travel agency and visa handling agency to transact the visa he wants according to different consular jurisdiction of the embassies or consulate-general.

1. Make an appointment ahead of time is NOT needed. 

2. Visa application by mail is not accepted, but the postal service back to you is provided.

3. The normal processing time for handle the visa generally is 4 working days. If you need urgent service, 30 US dollars will be added as the additional fee for 1 working day processing while 20 US dollars for 2 to 3 working days processing.

 Visa Expense, Validity and Duration of Stay

1. VISA, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's check, Company's Check and Cash are all accepted (based on the written stipulation), but you are suggested to pay for the visa expense by cash due to the actual experience. 

2. The charging standard of visa expense are different according to your nationality and number of entries. Generally speaking, the fee is higher if the number of entries is more. The below table is the fee for applying Chinese Visa at the Chinese Embassy in the USA.

Entry Times
For US Citizens
For Citizens of
other Countries
Single Entry
140 US dollars
30 US dollars
Double Entry
140 US dollars
45 US dollars
Multiple Entry for 6 Months
140 US dollars
60 US dollars
Multiple Entry for 12 Months
140 US dollars
90 US dollars
Multiple Entry for 24 Months
140 US dollars

3. Except for the special mark on visa application form approved by officials, the period of validity of G visa is 3 months; the duration of stay generally is 7 days.

Questions & Answers on China G Visa (Transit Visa)
  • I would like to fly from Ulaanbaatar to Shanghai, go to Suzhou by train, stay one or two days, and fly to Hong Kong from Shanghai. Then, I have a return ticket to Australia from Hong Kong on the 20 October
    My current visa to China will have expired. Can I apply for a long (144hours) transit?

    I am currently based in Hohhot, but will go to Mongolia in October, where can I apply?

    Asked By Sylvia Berjas-Morales (Australiasylvia.emorales@y7mail.com) | Aug. 24, 2016 02:33
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • I arrive in Shanghai on 1 Oct via BA airline. I have a private tour in Shanghai, Suzhou and Hangzhou, and then transfer to a cruise ship on 7th Oct which ends in Singapore, and we return to the UK by 19 Oct, I have info about the G type which gives us 7 days but no details of how to apply, and the cost to UK citizens. Thank you

    Asked By Maria (UK) | Jul. 18, 2016 12:54
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • I am going from new zealand to india. I am holding indian passport.

    Asked By Yatin (India) | May. 16, 2016 21:51
    2 AnswersAnswer Question
  • I am from Ecuador and reside in the USA. I am flying from Los Angeles to Tokyo, and have a 20-hour stop in Shanghai. Upon entry in Shanghai, can I ask for a transit visa and leave the airport? What type is that? What are the countries that can apply for this? Thank you.

    Asked By Javier | Apr. 24, 2016 18:46
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • I am I am travelling NewZealand to India and then back from India to NZ in china airlines. My stay is12 hours and on my way back15 hours at Pudong Shanghai airport..do i need a G type. I ring chinese embassy in New Zealand they said no i don't want it. But sometimes Auckland departure facilities don't allow us to exit as we don't have G type. What shoould i do? I am really worried i spend 1500NZD on my tickets. Moreover in travelling with my little one i don't want any delay or harassment.

    Asked By Aman (India) | Apr. 12, 2016 04:08
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
Ask a Question about China G Visa (Transit Visa)
Back Go Top