Home > China Visa > Types > F Visa

China F Visa (Business/Visit Visa)

Ask Question

 Required Documents

1. Your valid and actual passport with blank visa pages and at least 6-month period of validity (counting from the day you submit the application); 

2. Fill in the Application Form, attached with 2-inch passport photo (black & white or colored are all accepted).

3. The invitation letter from China or application letter from your company (original, copy or fax are all accepted); 

4. If you were born in China and then join the foreign nationality, for the first time you apply for the visa, the original Chinese passport (original or the copy) should be required. 

The applicant may apply for visas of single entry, double entry or multiple entries according to requirements. The applicants below can apply for multiple-entry visa to China available for two years: 

(1) Foreign Chinese people; 

(2) A proof that you invest in China by business license, economy and trade contract, appointment letter; 

(3) Have already visited China before with F Visa within one year or once obtain the F visa successfully for many times, whose original copies are highly required to be provided.

Note: Please fill in the application form faithfully, completely and clearly, or possibly your visa application will be refused and accordingly make your oversea trip protracted.

 Transact Way

The applicant can handle the visa personally, or entrust other people, travel agency and visa handling agency to transact the visa he wants according to different consular jurisdiction of the embassies or consulate-general.

1. Make an appointment ahead of time is NOT needed. 

2. Application by mail is not accepted, but the postal service back to you is provided.

3. The normal processing time for handle the visa generally is 4 working days. If you need urgent service, 30 US dollars will be added as the additional fee for 1 working day processing while 20 US dollars for 2 to 3 working days processing.

 Visa Expense, Validity and Duration of Stay

1. VISA, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's check, Company's Check and Cash are all accepted (based on the written stipulation), but you are suggested to pay for the visa expense by cash due to the actual experience. 

2. The charging is different according to your nationality and number of entries. Generally speaking, the fee is higher if the number of entries is more. The below table is the fee for applying Chinese Visa at the Chinese Embassy in the USA.

Entry Times
For US Citizens
For Citizens of
Other Countries
Single Entry
140 US dollars
30 US dollars
Double Entry
140 US dollars
45 US dollars
Multiple Entry for 6 Months
140 US dollars
60 US dollars
Multiple Entry for 12 Months
140 US dollars
90 US dollars
Multiple Entry for 24 Months
140 US dollars

3. The period of validity of F visa (single or double entry) is 3 to 6 months; the duration of stay generally being 30 days, counting from the first day after your arrival in China. The visa issuing officials may properly extend the duration time according to the applicant's request and need.

Questions & Answers on China F Visa (Business/Visit Visa)
  • To Whom may this concerned,

    I'd like to apply the F visa of China. My nationality is South Korea, and I will present a scientific seminar on 25-27 March at Tsinghua University in Beijing.
    I already got the invitation letter from university.
    I have several questions for this service

    1. Do you take care the F visa for a non-citizen person?
    2. If you deal a visa for a non-citizen person, how can I prepare the requirement by mailing service?
    3. Could you let me know processing time for the visa?

    Thanks a lot.

    With best wishes,

    Jinki Yeom

    Asked By Jinki Yeom (Republic of Korea) | Feb. 14, 2018 19:34
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • I got an invitation letter for 6 months and the Chinese ministry of foreign affairs has provided a conformation letter for 3 months only. The 3 months f visa is about to expire in couple of weeks. Any one could please help me out to describe the procedure that how to extend f visa with in China.

    Thanking in anticipation

    Asked By Jahangeer (Pakistan) | Mar. 17, 2017 14:50
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • Hello I'm going to Beijing in July on a 90 day F type visa expiring 27th October - I am thinking about the possibility of extending it by a week or so once inside China so I can go to Shanghai and have an explore. Does anyone know how easy this is to do and the cost to get my visa extended? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :)

    Asked By Edie shemi | May. 02, 2014 15:37
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
  • hi
    my name is mahyar from iran , i want to go to china , can i get a F visa and how can i extend my F visa without leaving china ? how much validation does this F visa have ? also can iranian travel to hongkong to renew the visa ? how about macau?
    any response would be much appreciated

    Asked By mahyar (Iran) | Apr. 13, 2014 13:55
    2 AnswersAnswer Question
  • I have got a job offer in Shanghai and my employer is sending me a letter head invitation letter to help me with my F visa application. I will be working as a marketing consultant. I'm living in London for 8 years and I'm Slovakian nationality (we part of EU countries)

    My employer advised me to apply for a F visa with multi entry for 3 months. Are there any special requirements for me to apply for this type of visa?

    Thank you

    Asked By Veronika Aksoy (United Kingdom) | Oct. 17, 2012 06:00
    1 AnswerAnswer Question
Ask a Question about China F Visa (Business/Visit Visa)
Back Go Top